Intellectual Output 2: Investigation and Definition of VET Educators’ Digital Training Path
Implementation Period: 01/09/2021 – 31/03/2022
- According to results of previous IO, the INGENIOUS European Educators’ path for DOL is was designed to improve:
- the ability of Educators to define appropriate VET learning outcomes and assessment online tools: the training path is designed to develop the knowledge and skills of the Educators related to “how to define appropriate indicators to measure the real achievement of learning outcomes in VET paths. This ability will make it possible to assess learning outcomes reliably, even in cases of agile transitions from frontal to online teachings, such as those that conduct the peak periods of Covid contagion.
- the ability to include blended learning, managing to integrate priorities in VET pathways of theoretical distance learning, and experiential learning in presence. The path promotes the modulating of VET student presence in school facilities and work environments, reducing the physical presence and optimizing the use of laboratory equipment only for the time needed to complete a learning pathway already progressed online.
- the ability to redesign the Educator/student relationship from a “sit and listen” dynamic to a pedagogical approach centered on personalized learning. In this way, it will be possible to overcome the “first-generation” type of DOL training for Educators, focused on the knowledge of IT tools for distance learning. The advantage of such flexible training paths assures the adoption of methodologies adaptable to the student’s needs, such as “flipped learning” techniques and other strategies that rely on digital tools.
- the ability to use Learning Management Systems. Due to the Covid pandemic, all Education system classes are going to be rethinking to be eLearning-based. It is more than obvious that eLearning has revolutionized and changed the way of Educators and students look at knowledge and skill acquisition. Thereby, there is an increasing need for Learning Management Systems, helping the systematic implementation and management of eLearning.
The expected impacts of the Ingenious training path will be to:
- accelerate time and increase quality in the adaptation of the VET System to Covid-emergency needs. The quick switching from a face-to-face and WBL approach, typical of a VET offer, to hybrid and DOL methodologies, will deal with the dropout contrasting and the student isolation during the Health emergencies.
- qualify Educators profile from companies: thanks to the KRIB and Confindustria (through SFC) participation in this Strategic Partnership, the Training Path will innovate the training of VET System’s company educators. It will strengthen the opportunity of cooperation among different actors of the training ecosystem.