University of Ioannina – Laboratory Of Knowledge and Intelligent Computing (KIC Lab)
The UoI has been at the forefront of teaching and research in Greece for over 50 years. The Institute’s activities are supported by its full & part-time highly qualified personnel, staff members are more than 1500 people, most of them holding a MSc & a Ph.D. & with high quality expertise in EU- projects related to regional development. Over the last 5 years, UoI has managed a budget of over 95 million Euros as Lead Partner or partner in several projects and Professors, staff and external researchers are specialised to accomplish R&D projects. Under the auspices of UoI, the Center of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning, a structure of the institution, provides specific training courses and has implemented a variety of long-distance courses.
The activities of INGENIOUS project are implemented by the Laboratory of Knowledge & Intelligent Computing (KIC-Lab), Department of Informatics & Telecommunications, which has great experience in research. Among KIC-Lab’s main research areas, R&D activities and expertise are:
- Implementation of e- Learning Platforms
- Production of multimedia material for educational purposes
- Training of young graduates using new technologies
- Design and development of new methods and Case-Based-Learning Tools
- Design and Development of competence evaluation platforms for evaluating the learning outcomes of education processes
- Training on Industry 4.0
- Design and Development of Virtual Environment for educational purposes.
KIC-Lab is staffed by four experienced researchers with PhD, four post doc researchers, and twelve post graduated researchers.